Lock Screen and Modal Window?

Arthur Urban aturban at qwest.net
Sun Sep 12 18:59:51 EDT 2004

> > Lock screen/unlock screen does not seem to work with stacks
> opened as
> > modal. Is this a known bug by any chance?
>
> I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are asking, but a common
> misperception is that "lock screen" means "lock the whole
> screen" when
> really it is more like "lock window".

I could have been more specific, sorry 'bout that. I'm seeing that
stacks/windows opened with the 'as modal' keyword (or by using macosx
'sheet' command) ignore the lock screen. I see buttons and fields flicking
their contents and winking in and out of visibility. If I change nothing but
remove the "as modal" suffix to the command, the lock screen does in fact do
it's job; the window appears only in it's final state.

I tried to search the bugzilla database for this, but I'm kinda ignorant as
to how to do that; that bugzilla interface is overwhelming (somebody needs a
course in GUI design). I was hoping maybe somebody could confirm that they
see the same thing I do.

~~~ Arthur