more problems with ftp

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Sun Sep 12 14:33:42 EDT 2004

 Hi, all. I really appreciate the feedback you guys gave me on my ftp
problem -- I was trying to download a series of files and I needed to know
how to use the libURLDownloadToFile command properly. My problem was that
files weren't downloading proprerly, and I figured it was because I was
using a "blocking" strategy with a looping "put" command. But I continue to
have problems and I'm hoping someone can give me a clue. Here's the problem:

 Following similar suggestions from Sarah Reichelt and Andre Garzia, I
created special handlers that use the libURLDownloadToFile command, like so:

libURLDownloadToFile
tFileOnWebtoGet,tFileNameOfDownloadedFile,"downloadDone"

 Then I have a handler

on downloadDone
 --
end downloadDone

 which checks to see if the download queue is empty, and if so, quits. The
problem is that on downloadDone never seems to get called. There must be an
error in downloading the first file, which has the correct name in the local
directory, but is empty.

 well, there is a stunning array of potential problems, i am realizing. but
when i do a test for an error message on download, i get:

"error, url is currently loading"

 what is this about, since the handler that called that url should be long
done? is there a way to wipe the ftp slate clean?

rand