Add, delete and edit cards to a stack via CGI

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 10 08:30:31 EDT 2004

Thank you for the confirmation, Jacqueline.  Now I think I understand
the use of stacks in CGI projects.  They are a convenient and safe
place to develop and run CGI scripts, as an alternative to text file
CGI scripts, or to access existing information as read-only databases,
but they cannot, or at least not easily, be run as stacks in the usual
sense with the card metaphor and the revision of the contents of
containers.

That's fine.  It just means storing database records in related text
files and having the CGI stacks work with those.  Revolution is very
good at handling text files in any case, and their portability is
probably an added benefit.

Regards,

	Gregory
	____________________________________
	"OK, dynamics with tension,
	   fun and laughter for all."
		-John Lennon (Lost Weekend Sessions)

> On 9/9/04 8:00 PM, Gregory Lypny wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Jacqueline's Fiction Search example uses a text script cgi to search a
>> stack and display the results.  Is it possible for users to add,
>> delete,
>> and records in a similar database-like stack by posting from a web
>> form?  My intuition tells me that the answer to this is no because
>> that
>> would involve GUI commands such as Create Card, Delete Card, and Save
>> Stack (permissions).  Am I correct?

On Sep 10, 2004, at 1:22 AM, Jacqueline responded: