Add, delete and edit cards to a stack via CGI

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 10 01:08:25 EDT 2004

On 9/9/04 8:00 PM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Jacqueline's Fiction Search example uses a text script cgi to search a
> stack and display the results.  Is it possible for users to add, delete,
> and records in a similar database-like stack by posting from a web
> form?  My intuition tells me that the answer to this is no because that
> would involve GUI commands such as Create Card, Delete Card, and Save
> Stack (permissions).  Am I correct?

I can create and delete cards, but I can't save the stack. Regardless of
the permissions set for the stack or where it is placed, the engine
needs to create a temporary backup file, and it can't do that. Or at
least, I can't make it do that. I also tried putting the save command in
a closestack handler in the stack's script (didn't work,) as well as a
custom handler that the cgi calls, but that doesn't work either.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com