Https

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Thu Sep 9 12:12:58 EDT 2004

On Sep 9, 2004, at 4:57 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de>
> Subject: Re: Https
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Hi Jan,
>

>>> I get:
>>>
>>> error -Error with certificate at depth: 1  issuer
>>> = /C=US/O=VeriSign,
>>> Inc./OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification
>>> Authority  subject  =
>>> /O=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=VeriSign,
>>> Inc./OU=VeriSign International
>>> Server CA - Class 3/OU=www.verisign.com/CPS
>>> Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY
>>> LTD.(c)97 VeriSign  err 20:unable to get local
>>> issuer certificate
>
> This is in "the result" of course, field 1 is empty.

Interesting.  Anyone know if getting this error will preclude data
being returned from the https connection?  For example, I can imagine
having a web server where I didn't bother getting a Verisign (or other)
certificate, but I still wanted to get and put data over an https
connection.

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/