Https

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 09:32:38 EDT 2004

On 9 Sep 2004, at 10:28, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> --- Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>> Hi Jan,

>> https
>> rev
>>> Hi Vikram,
>>>
>>> Yes, https support has arrived with 2.5 -- what
>> error
>>> do you receive ?
>>
>> I get:
>>
>> error -Error with certificate at depth: 1  issuer
>> = /C=US/O=VeriSign,
>> Inc./OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification
>> Authority  subject  =
>> /O=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=VeriSign,
>> Inc./OU=VeriSign International
>> Server CA - Class 3/OU=www.verisign.com/CPS
>> Incorp.by Ref. LIABILITY
>> LTD.(c)97 VeriSign  err 20:unable to get local
>> issuer certificate
>>

> Dave or Tuviah to the rescue ?

Tuviah's area really.

As you probably guessed, this is the error returned when trying to open
a secure socket.

I'd guess the problem is with the sslCertificates property. In the
alpha or beta releases, there was a file named "roots.pem" that the
sslCertificates property had to be set to for connections to work. (I
think this file contains the basic certificates needed for secure
connections.) I don't see this file in the current release, but
connections work here if I set the property to the file from the
earlier releases. Without doing this, I get a similar error to the one
above.

I'm on OS X, and it may be there is a .pem file on the system that the
sslCertificates can be set to. But I can't find one that works.

If anyone needs this urgently, let me know and I'll mail the file I
have. But it would be better if RunRev could make this available on
their site.

Dave