selectedText from a palette?

Arthur Urban aturban at qwest.net
Thu Sep 9 02:35:04 EDT 2004

> on testQ
>    put the selectedText into field "card-name" of the current card
>    set the name of the current card to the selectedText
> end testQ
>
> It works when called from a button in the topStack. But calling the
> testQ handler from a button on the palette does not seem to
> work. I tried this script in a button on the palette:
>
> on mouseUp
>    set the defaultStack to the topStack
>    send mouseUp to button "tester" of current card
> end mouseUp

I'm still kinda new at all this, but have you tried fully specifying the
stack as well? I know defaultStack is supposed to work, but can you confirm
that the following does not work?

   Send mouseUp to button "tester" of current card of stack "stack name"

It may also be that current card does not do what we think it does, and may
still be refering to your palette (you could test by "put the name of the
current card"). Have you also tried:

   set the defaultStack to the topStack
   -- or try set the defaultStack to "stack name"
   send mouseUp to button "tester"  -- theoretically the stack name is
superfluous.

~~~ Arthur

"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."