Suppress Messages Bug

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Sep 7 20:06:31 EDT 2004

I painted myself into an amateur corner with a stack that had an
openStack handler that did some things that turned out not to be good.
I figured it was no big deal; I could just suppress messages and then
load the stack and edit the stupid script.

Wrong.

I cannot get the suppress messages button in the toolbar to work in 2.5
on OS X or Windows. I click it, load my stack, the openStack handler
executes. I tried typing "lock messages" in the message box. Same
result. I created a one-button stack that did a "lock messages" and
then tried a "set the lockMessages to true." Same result in all cases.

The only way I saved my life was finally I was able to hit
command-period quickly enough on my OS X system to disrupt the script
before it could misbehave.

I BZd this as #2157.