Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

j runrev at davidjdowns.com
Tue Sep 7 16:49:19 EDT 2004

> I hope not. The company will be out of business if that's the case. As
> far as I know, there is not one company today making significant money
> serving the education market with software...

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but then you're not in the know, Dan.

Do all those student information systems (used by pretty much every
school district in the Western world to track and analyze student data)
create themselves?  All those companies that process and report the
billions of standardized tests scored worldwide every year?  Did you
know that the GRE is given almost exclusively on computers now,
worldwide?  I have no doubt that ETS will abandon the paper GRE
altogether within the next few years.  (The GRE is *one* test among
many.  They will *all* be moving this direction within the next
decade.)

I doubt the wealthy owners and shareholders of the companies who
develop such products would agree with your assessment of the
situation.

J.