How to extract a sub-stack from a main stack

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 7 09:28:08 EDT 2004

--- kee nethery <kee at kagi.com> wrote:

> Thank you Alex Tweedly.
>
> To extract a sub-stack (stackB) from a main stack
> (stackA), view the
> main and substack in the application browser and
> then in the message
> box enter the following:
>
> clone stack "stackB" of stack "stackA"
>
> This will create a "Copy of stackB" in the
> application browser and it
> will open the "Copy of stackB" stack so that it is
> viewable as a stack.
> Select the stack window of the "Copy of stackB"
> stack and in the file
> menu select "Save As ..." and actually save it. You
> will end up with a
> copy of that sub-stack on your hard drive.
>
> Then if you want to remove the sub-stack from the
> main stack, in the
> message box type the following command:
>
> set the mainstack of stack "stackB" of stack
> "stackA" to "stackB"
>
> This will move the sub-stack to the left in the
> application browser so
> that it appears to be equal in status to the
> existing main stack.
> Select the stack window of stackA and go to the File
> menu and select
> "Save". Then quit Revolution. Re-open stackA
> (re-launching Revolution)
> and the sub-stack stackB is now gone from the main
> stack stackA.
>
> This second step deletes the sub-stack from the main
> stack.
>
> Thanks to everyone who assisted.
>
> Kee Nethery

Actually Kee, after you change the mainstck of the
substack, you can save the former substack to disk,
and then save the former mainstack to disk, and then
you have achieved what you wanted without any
deleting.

Even more fun is that you can do this using the
Inspector palette : go to the substack, and change the
mainstack by means of the popupmenu.

Jan Schenkel.

=====