OT--sort of

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Sep 7 06:20:38 EDT 2004

At 22:17 06/09/2004 -0700, Jim Hurley wrote:

>I would like to write a RR application which automates an email task we have.
>
>To do this I need to be able to load all emails in the current IN box into
>a RR field.
>
>I can do this in Eudora on my Mac; the IN box file is in the Eurora folder
>and is titled "In". Simple enough.
>
>But I can't locate the corresponding file for Express. Little help
>please--Mac and Windows file names.

Don't know about the Mac, but on Windows you can use menu Tools /
Options... then select the Maintenance tab; click on "Store folder" and it
will tell you (and let you change) which folder the files are stored in.
The bad news is that the data is stored in ".mbx" files, which are in an
undocumented MS proprietary format. I had a brief try at decoding it once,
couldn't find any good info via Google, and the format wasn't obvious - so
I gave up; it was easier to grab the mail before it got into a user's
mailbox using a POP3 library. In theory Eudora can import Outlook Express
mailboxes, but I didn't have any success with that (was an older Eudora, so
worth trying a current one).

btw - there's a good POP3 library available (through RevNet).

-- Alex.