Download videos? (OT: What is Labor Day)

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 22:50:13 EDT 2004

Pierre,

Labor Day is a national holiday in the US to celebrate working
Americans.  It traditionally marks the end of the summer, just as
Memorial Day--late in May-- (remembering all those who died in the
service of our country) marks the start of summer.

Quoting from the department of Labor website
http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm               :

"Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor
movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of
American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the
contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and
well-being of our country."

There's lots more information on how Labor Day came about at the above
URL if you are interested.