checkmark glyph across platforms

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 10:42:31 EDT 2004

--- Scott Morrow <scott at elementarysoftware.com> wrote:
> While a check mark is a reliably mapped symbol on
> the Mac I am finding
> it predictably elusive with Windows fonts. (Nor is
> it an HTML entity...
> rats!)  My application needs to allow the user to
> insert a checkmark
> symbol... perhaps hundreds.  I can't be the first.
> Any suggestions?
> -Scott Morrow

Hi Scott,

On card 2 of stack revIcons you'll find an image
called "menucheckwinmac.gif" which looks remarkably
like what you want.
You can then use the 'imagesource' property of field
chunks to place the checkmark image into your field.

To get a copy of that image, place a button and set
its script to :
--
on mouseUp
  copy image "menucheckwinmac.gif" of card 2 \

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====