Scrollbars and LittleArrows

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 5 15:04:31 EDT 2004

On 9/5/04 12:58 PM, Arthur Urban wrote:

> My latest oddity is that my littlearrows never reaches its endValue. If I
> have a control with a startValue of 1 and an endValue of 10, the
> thumbPosition always stops at 9. I was wondering if this was due to the
> thumbSize being 1? But then shouldn't my thumbPositional also stop at 2?

 From the docs:

"If the style of the scrollbar is scrollbar or progress, the maximum
value of the thumbPosition is the scrollbar's endValue minus the thumbSize."

It appears that the measurement is taken from the left side of the
thumb. Therefore, it can be 0 but it can't be 10.

> While the Revolution docs are fairly good, I'm finding that in many regards
> they assume way too much prior knowledge about how things work.

I found the above under "thumbpostion".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com