Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 4 14:15:09 EDT 2004

> You are saying that Inspiration is smaller than rev??

I don't know that size matters here (let's please avoid the opportunity
for less-than-professional puns with that <g>).  There are big companies
that fail, and small companies that remain highly profitable for years
and let their founders retire early.

The core mission of maintaining and enhancing the engine for the many
companies whose livelihood depends on it requires only a very few
people, and the fewer there are the more profit there is to go around.
There's enough downstream money in the community even as it stands today
to keep the engine alive forever.

Ambitions beyond that core mission are a subjective matter to be decided
solely by the current owner of the engine.

I'm not concerned with whether RunRev is a "big" company or a "small"
one.  I like Kevin and I hope his company is enormously profitable, but
that has less to do with being "big" or "small" than simply being the
*right* size for the mission at hand.

As a developer my only concern is for the viability of the engine, and
with the downstream money circulating throughout the development economy
I have no doubt the engine will be available as long as it continues to
provide unbeatable ROI for myself, my clients, and other developers.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation