unhilite all fields of card ... ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Sep 3 14:35:03 EDT 2004

Frank-

Friday, September 3, 2004, 10:01:26 AM, you wrote:

FDEJ> If anyone happens to know a convenient Transcript shortcut for
FDEJ> "unhilite all button on card x", "unhilite all buttons on cards a, b,
FDEJ> and c", and/or for "put empty into fields x, y, z, and t", it would
FDEJ> certainly save me a lot of time typing in some of these scripts...
FDEJ> I'm having to "unhilite button x of card a", "unhilite button y of card
FDEJ> a", "put empty into field z of card a" for several hundred lines in
FDEJ> each of several scripts for this project I am doing.

I do something like this in a repeat loop:

local y, tObject, tControl

put the name of this card into tObject
repeat with y=1 to the number of controls in tObject
  put the name of control y of tObject && "of" && tObject into tControl
  switch word 1 of tControl
    case "field"
      put empty into tControl
      break