What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Sep 3 12:06:50 EDT 2004

Besides which, bugs in the software ARE related to its usage: they
often prevent its usage, in fact.

I quite agree with the fact that lack of discussion of some of these
bugs can prohibit effective use of the software.  If you want the list
to be focused more specifically on how to use the software within the
context of how it is supposed to work, that is fine, but the list
becomes more of an interactive documentation site and less of an actual
discussion list, in which case a new list would indeed be a reasonable
solution.

Nearly all of the bugs which we bring up on this list have been making
their way into bugzilla, at least as far as I have seen.  I tend to
agree that some of the discussion of bugs might be dragging on *too*
far and thus become off-topic, but a reasonable-length discussion of
some of these issues and how others are working around them until they
are fixed is essential for any kind of software tool like this.  I
would expect similar discussions for any kind of large-scale software
(or hardware) product.

Granted bugzilla makes most of the core information available to us as
Rev users, as well as to you as  the developers of Rev, but a
discussion of this type could easily (and unnecessarily) waste extra
time on the part of those in your company who are trying to fix them.

If you wish for these discussions to move off-list, could you at least
provide or suggest an alternative discussion list, apart from bugzilla,
where interim solutions (workarounds) to these issues could be
discussed at greater length?

(It is also possible that collaboration between those of us
experiencing the problems might sometimes reveal something which could
help you to isolate and solve them more quickly).

Now that I'm looking at it this way, a "bug discussion list" might
actually be an ideal situation.  Any takers?

Signup at www.doteasy.com