Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 3 11:08:06 EDT 2004

On 9/3/04 4:54 PM, "Dan Shafer" <revdan at danshafer.com> wrote:

>> Education is the largest market Rev‹or HyperCard, etc.‹will ever serve
>> and hope to make large inroads.
>>
> I hope not. The company will be out of business if that's the case. As
> far as I know, there is not one company today making significant money
> serving the education market with software, let alone programming
> software.

I can think of one off the top of my head: Inspiration
(www.inspiration.com), who makes outlining/mind-mapping software. I've been
in touch with PR people who represent other companies that make a living
from software for the education market - they are usually not high-profile
companies, and they usually serve only that market.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .