What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 3 10:04:38 EDT 2004

Bonjour François,

> Hello everybody!
> I have a very important problem with the 2.5 release.
> I have a handler "On shutdownRequest".
> If I use the Quit menu in My standalone application, it crash's!
> And Klaus Major writes me the 7.4.2004:
>
>> There is an extremely cheap and effective trick on OS X ;-)
>> Control-Click on the Revolution application...
>> Select "Show contents" or whatever that may be in french
>> to get INSIDE this folder in disguise...
>> Then simply create an empty!!! folder called French.lproj here:
>> Revolution/Contents/Resources/French.lproj
>> This will at least translate the "Quit", "Preferences" and the menu
>> "Help" into french... (in the IDE and your standalones :-)
>> You will have to restart Rev...
>> This folder will be part of your standalone, since all resources are
>> copied from the Revolution application...
> It doesn't work now!

Sorry if my hints cause this trouble for you :-(

But i have not tested this with the new version 2.5, but it looks like
this doesn't work anymore...

Does it work again when you remove these empty folders?

I will check that, too...

> Amicalement
> François
> ---
>
> François Cuneo
> Au Champ du Pré
> 1353 Bofflens
>
> e-mail: mailto:francois.cuneo at cuk.ch

Au revoir, mon ami...

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Just checked with the Rev.app itself and had no problems with it...
Added a "German.lproj" folder to "/Contents/Resources/"...

I had "Preferences" "Help" and "Quit Revolution" in german and all menus
worked fine...?