Lots of Crashes

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Sep 2 18:06:18 EDT 2004

> And yes, I've experienced a bunch of strange crashes from Rev too, many
> of which seem to be almost random sometimes -- but I've had them with
> 2.2.1, and 2.5 does seem to be a bit better in this regard.  At least
> things seem (to me) to be going in the right direction?

I agree, things are going in the right direction.  Many of the items that I disliked about the initial beta release were fixed in this release (2.5) and I am now taking advantage of them with pleasure.  My most favorite being the align-to-grid for new objects I drag (I Love It!)

> All I can really say here is that I am generally quite pleased with the
> product, and while it does seemingly have a ways to go in terms of
> stability and some bug fixes before I could *really* call it stable
> (though certainly much better than most Microsoft products -- and some
> others), the Rev team seems to be doing quite well with the product.
> Keep up the good work.

They are doing a very good job.  It is nice to see the progression of Revolution becoming a high-end IDE.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software