Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer"

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Sep 2 04:45:59 EDT 2004

On 2/9/04 3:30 am, "Dan Shafer" <revdan at danshafer.com> wrote:

> (a) RunRev aren't likely to change their policy without a lot more
> feedback from users of the Dreamcard product; and

Right.  Folks, we always listen to all the feedback and consider it
carefully.  But in this particular instance, well meant as it is, this
debate isn't all that helpful.  Almost no-one in this debate is a new
Dreamcard user, you mostly purchased Revolution, and mostly purchased it
before we had the new learning material.  Will we watch carefully to see how
new users respond?  Of course we will.  Might we alter the number of hours
depending on the feedback and statistics we receive?  Of course.  But the
people in this discussion are not a representative sample of this target
audience.  And the principal behind this trial structure is based on sound
evidence.  I noticed that some of the posts come from people who haven't
even looked at the new tutorials!  We will monitor real statistics and real
feedback directly from this initiative.  Then, like any good business we can
make any necessary minor improvements based on that, when there is actually
enough information from that group to draw conclusions as to what might be
required.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools