No subject

Hershel Fisch hershrev at realtorsgroup.us
Thu Sep 2 03:47:45 EDT 2004

Le 1 sept. 04, à 01:33, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

 >>> app and search the postgres thread. To see if the "postgres" user is
 >>> rightly set, test "su - postgres" at the shell prompt and, then if
 >>> you are prompted for the password, type "postgres". If something
 >>> goes wrong, postgres need to be reinstalled (prefer the Marc
 >>> Liyanage's installer --
 >>> <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/ >).
 >> Sorry , don't know what and where the activity monitor is.
 >> The su - postgres is ok. >> And I did use entropy's installation.
 >>[Hershel-Fischs-Computer:~] hershel% su - postgres >Password:
 >[Hershel-Fischs-Computer:~] postgres% /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl stop -D
 >/usr/local/pgsql/data/ >waiting for postmaster to shut down......done
 >postmaster successfully shut down
 >[Hershel-Fischs-Computer:~] postgres% /usr/local/bin/postmaster -D
 >/usr/local/pgsql/data -i >LOG:  database system was shut down at
2004-08-31 19:11:05 EDT >LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/C1E4D0 >LOG:
redo record is at 0/C1E4D0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE >LOG:
next transaction id: 6911; next oid: 19457
 >LOG:  database system is ready.
OK, the database is cleanly loading and running. If you can't access it
from the Rev application, it can have to do with, at least :

- PHP not proeperly installed and configured in "httpd.conf"
I don't use PHP.
- the tcp/ip sockets support is not actived in the "hba.conf" file of
the postgres server
Once I messed around with the "hba.conf" file and that was it.... don't
even ask .. I had to reinstall PostgreSQL
I'v started the database with the -i flag as you could see above. Also
it runs beautiful with RR 2.2.1, MacSQL and sqlboss.

Let me know the end ;)
Believe me I'd love to , but so far I can't use 2.5 because of this
problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Hershel Fisch

Best, Pierre