Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer" ?

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 2 03:12:25 EDT 2004

On 9/1/04 10:51 PM, "Marian Petrides" <mpetrides at earthlink.net> wrote:

> But to someone who is just tinkering around, maybe the guy who fiddled
> a little with BASIC when it came free with his Apple ][ or early PC,
> who thinks Dreamcard MIGHT have the potential to do something either
> fun or useful or both... to that person $99 is a fair amount of money
> and the 10 hours are 10 hours of free time allocated to deciding on how
> best to spend discretionary money (entertainment money, toy money, play
> money, call it what you will).

One other thing - I've been watching some of the video tutorials to try and
get a handle on the program. Since the Rev server is excruciatingly slow
(I've got a 2Mbps DSL connection; the tutorials download at about 10K/sec),
I've been letting them download and working on other things, finding that,
for one of them, I left the program open for an hour while working on
something else.

Kirk

        My latest book: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/htde.html
 . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
 . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .