Why 10 hours for a newbie and 30 days for a "programmer" ?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Sep 1 18:10:00 EDT 2004

Jan,

I don't disagree that it is a different product targeting a different
audience, but I still simply cannot fathom that what it would cost the
company to offer the same 30-day trial evaluation period would turn out to
be a deal killer.

Let's think about a particular type of potential Dreamcard user:  a public
school teacher.

This person perhaps reads the MacExpo announcement... or sees something
about Revolution in a periodical or on a website or by word of mouth and,
thinking this might be something interesting, downloads it.

Maybe launches it immediately, maybe not.

Eventually, it gets launched.  When? probably after the teacher has come
home and eaten dinner.  Then s/he remembers to check whether Suzy's
spelling test score improved any, as s/he has a parent-teacher conference
with Suzy's mother the next day.  This gets him/her to thinking about the
other things s/he needs to do for tomorrow, so s/he launches some other
program just to check something really quickly... gets lost in thought,
the phone rings, etc etc.  And hours can inadvertently get lopped off the
very small allotment of 10 hours of use.

Judy