Dreamcard questions

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Sep 1 04:23:35 EDT 2004

Hi Kirk and welcome to Revolution/Dreamcard!

Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> Documentation: there is a built-in reference doc in Dreamcard, but I don't
> see any manual. Where can I find a manual? The website talks about _buying_
> printed documentation; does that mean that the only way to get a real manual
> is to pay for it?

Yep, that is correct. Dan Shafer's book is a great place to start. Also,
  there are video tutorials, some of which you can already download.
Check the RevOnline button.

> The "Dreamcard special offer bundle": this includes Dreamcard, a book by Dan
> Shafer (is this a book on Dreamcard, or just on Revolution?), as well as
> "The Advanced Learning Pack". Um, what is this Advanced Learning Pack? Is
> that the printed manual?

You can learn more about the Advanced Learning Pack at:
http://www.runrev.com/section/platform.php

It's basically more online video tutorials to help you get started.

> The website also talks about an "update pack" which costs another 33%...
> What is this? It seems like the program is reasonably priced, but to learn
> how to work with it you need to shell out a fair amount of money. I'd like
> to make sure I know what I'm getting before I get into this.

 From the website:
The Dreamcard Update Pack entitles you to a full year of updates to your
Dreamcard product. This means you will be able to download and unlock
every new release of Dreamcard during your license period, giving you
access to new features, improvements and bug fixes as they happen.

Y'know, last I heard, the online Docs ran about 4000 pages, that's why
they're so expensive to print and can't be included in the $99 base price.

You also may check out some of the runrev websites (including mine:-) at:
http://support.runrev.com/resources/useful_sites.php

> Thanks for any help,

We're always here!

best,