Speed in setting text styles

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 11:05:26 EDT 2004

--- Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
> I wish to set the textstyle of certain lines in a
> field to bold and
> then export the field in RTF.
>
> I have run  through the fields to determine the line
> number of  these
> lines. There are about 11,000 lines and about half
> are to be set to
> bold.
>
> Using:
>
>    repeat for each item tItem in tLineNums
>      set the textstyle of line tItem of field 1 to
> "bold"
>    end repeat
>
> where tLineNums contains the numerical values of the
> line numbers of
> field 1 which are to be set to bold.
>
> This repeat loop takes about 25 minutes on my
> machine.
>
> Since you can't set the textStyle of a line in a
> variable, I see no
> way to speed this up. Any ideas?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Off the top of my head : use lock screen, and use a
field on a different card, then set the htmlText of
the real field to the htmlText of the auxiliary field.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====