someone noticed this one?

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Fri Oct 22 20:58:28 EDT 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 3:13 PM, Klaus Major wrote:
> Thank you for your statement.
>
> Nevertheless, being able to modify the engine when needed, is a big
> advantage,
> competiton-wise...

I agree with Richard, this is a good thing. No consultant gets to
modify the engine right now and it costs money for RunRev to add
features by doing so. So if there is something that can only be
accomplished by modifying the engine, and a third party wants to pay
for it, YES YES YES!

For example, lets say someone wanted to have a clean USB interface from
RunRev out to any USB device. A USB device manufacturer might pay for
that mod and in the next rev, we will get it. I'm all for adding
expensive features into the standard code set and having someone else
pay for the engineering effort VERSUS not getting those features for a
long while because they are expensive and low bang for the buck in
RunRev priorities.

As far as competition goes, if the only way to solve a problem is to
modify the engine, you would not have been able to compete anyway.
Having others pay for engineering on the module is a win win situation.

Kee Nethery