Finding the current folder ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Oct 22 18:14:32 EDT 2004

At 12:32 22/10/2004 -0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>On 10/22/04 6:10 AM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>>Up till now, I've solved the difference between (A) and (B) using the
>>technique I've seen in many stacks - either the long name of the stack or
>>the filename of the stack - but neither of these works when in the Player.
>
>I've hit the same problem. I have a stack that needs to find existing
>files that live in the stack's folder. It can't be done under Player. I
>think it's a bug -- do you want to report it? So many stacks need to
>access other files, this would seem to be a crucial blocker.

Yes, I'll report it.

My current planned work-around is to create a prefs file (using
specialFolderPath of "Documents"). If there is no prefs file,or if the file
specified in the prefs file doesn't exist, I'll do an "answer file" for one
of the input files, and store the path to the folder in the prefs file -
that way at least the user only needs to deal with the dialog once on
installation (and again if they change the folder).

If there's a better work-around, please suggest it.

Thanks
-- Alex