Finding the current folder ?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Oct 22 04:54:00 EDT 2004

Hi Gordon and Alex,

> Sure enough Alex!
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, but that has the same problem, as does
>> "the effective filename of this stack"
>> I've put a small stack on revonline (user alextweedly, stack "check
>> folder info") should anyone want to try it without re-typing.
> I have just finished trying all sorts of things and none of them
> worked!  I experimented also running the same stack in secure mode and
> not in secure mode - it made no difference.  A definite bug I would
> say!

I don't think this is a bug!

A freshly downloaded stack does ONLY "live" in memory, and has
not a "filename" yet!

And therefore has no "home" (directory)...

Internet urls are not "respected" when you try to "get the filename of
this stack",
only local urls...

In that case i would suggest to simply check "the directory" to get
the current ehm... directory :-)

> --gordon

Regards

Klaus Major