use-revolution Digest, Vol 13, Issue 38

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Oct 17 14:24:50 EDT 2004

Recently, DJ Grumble wrote:

> Is there any way I can trigger multiple sounds at once using revolution? I
> need them to start at exactly the same time with no delay, as I am trying to
> build a music sequencer. The more at once the better. I have tried using
> players but I often get a delay. Someone was telling me I could preload
> sounds into Revolution so this wouldn't occur, any ideas?

As far as I know, there's no way to sync the start of separate sounds
simultaneously.  The only way to simulate this would be to use a
multi-channel sound file, ie a multi-track QuickTime movie, with each sound
in its own track.

In its current state, Rev is not really suited to building a full blown
sequencer/mixer/etc.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director