use-revolution Digest, Vol 13, Issue 34

Eric Engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:59:22 EDT 2004

>> I would like to be able to take a picture of a card
>> and save it to the
>> clipboard.
>>
>> I do not want to do this from applescript (cross
>> platform thing).
>>

>Hi Eric,

>Take a look at the 'import snapshot' and 'export
>snapshot' commands ; I'm sure that between those two
>you can create an image control with all the data ;
>then you can 'set the clipboardData[]' to update the
>clipboard.

Thank you for trying but that is not a solution; I do not want to export only
the image but an image of the card.

For example, suppose I have 2 images on the card at different locs. Your method
would not work - and one cannot export paint with a background (I tried
grouping the images to see what would happen. Nope, not possible).

I don't just need to export an image or images, but rather their relative
positions to each other. It would also be nice if the image exported could
include pictures of fields and buttons.