Rev CGI + database library - HELP Please

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 15:59:20 EDT 2004

--- jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Thank you so much for your reply.
> I'm in such a production hurry right now,
> that I really apreciate it !
>
> A couple more questions though : the revdb-Linux
> needs to be installed in the same directory as the
> Rev cgi engine right ?
> And do I need to include a line such as :
>     library "revdb-Linux"
> in my cgi script, or is it loaded automatically at
> engine start-up ?
>
> And last but not least, did you actually install all
> these components for use of Rev cgi with postgres,
> or is it just logical guess about what should be
> done ?
> Sorry for asking, but I'm having hard times finding
> local
> ppl with Rev and/or postgres skills, so I need to
> know the
> true nature of the advices I get...
>
> Thanks again,
> JB

Hi JB,

I got it to work this way on a Win2K machine ; while
that's not a Linux box, the procedure ought to be
similar.

It is probably easiest if you toss the following files
in the same directory as the rev cgi-engine :
- revdb-Linux
- dbmysql.so
- dbodbc.so
- dboracle.so
- dbpostgresql.so

You can find the *.so files in your Revolution
directory, in the subdir
  \components\global environment\database_drivers\

If the $PATH environment variable includes the
directory with the rev cgi-engine and these files, it
ought to work fine, and you won't even need to use the
'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' command.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====