Accessing the modem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 11 16:49:00 EDT 2004

On 10/10/04 10:57 PM, Darby Lee Darrow wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to programming and new to Revolution and have a question for
> the group. I am creating a stack that I hope will allow me to send pages
> through my modem to our paging system. I need to dial a phone number,
> enter a password, pager id number and message all at the appropriate
> times. Is there a reference that may help me, that is more comprehensive
> than the online Revolution dictionary/documentation? Any help would be
> most appreciated.

You need to open, write to, and close the serial port, which works just
as if it were a file. See the "open file", "write" and "close file"
commands in the dictionary for starters. There were some discussions on
this list about writing data to a modem too, a while back; you might
want to do a list search for "modem" or "write to modem" for starters.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com