Property List Editor

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 11:48:22 EDT 2004

Tom,

I made some experiences with plists and Rev, plists are but a xml file
that conforms to the plist spec. Pretty easy to parse if it was not for
the presence of illegal characters in com.apple.internetconfig.plist
heck, I hated those, it would break Rev down. But anyway, you won't be
able to edit custom xml with plist editor, I think it will complain of
a invalid plist file. But the trick is, you can parse plists in Rev,
beware that many plists hide the content of the tags in base64,
sometimes is even worse like first char = the size of the data, next
chars = the data, everything base64 encoded. Good investigations!

drop me a note if you need anything or if you want to share your code.

Cheer
andre

On Oct 6, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Hello to all on the list,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with the Property List Editor that comes
> with OSX's developer package? I stumbled accross it trying to recover
> my iPhoto Library and double clicked on one of the XML lists in
> iPhoto. The Property List Editor opened and allows for editing the
> parent child entries.
> I was wondering if this will work with REV for editing XML's etc.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom
>

> Thomas J McGrath III
> 3mcgrath at adelphia.net