OT-links checkers

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Oct 2 21:27:59 EDT 2004

At 12:17 02/10/2004 -1000, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:

>Fortunately (trumpets, drums), Revolution to the rescue!  Thanks to Ken
>Ray's old recursive, walk directories scripts... has no problem digging
>10,000 files -- open, read, perform surgery, save and close... 3 minutes.  ;-)
>
>So all I *really* need out of GoLive's tool box is the ability to return a
>list of all internal link errors. Creating a matrix of (bad-URL &  tab &
>Good URL & cr ) and making all the changes in 10,000 files is "child's
>play" for Revolution... but... how to find out what the broken links are...??
>
>Has anyone written scripts that do this? Or know of any programs in the
>public domain  that will do this kind of error checking? It could run
>either on Mac OSX -- our production-staging server in Hawaii-- or be
>installed in the Linux Redhat Distribution server in Connecticutt. I would
>run it there, get the list fix them all here and mirror upload... it's
>challenging with:

I use webchecker from http://mired.org:8080/webcheck/ (need Python
installed, but given that could easily be run on either OSX or the Redhar
server).

I use it from home over a slow-ish line; it seems slow to me, but have no
idea how much of that is due to its performance and how much is due to the
circumstances I use it in.

If no-one comes up with a really good answer, I'll probably have a go at
converting this to Rev

-- Alex.