Invisible clone?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 30 12:36:32 EST 2004

On 11/30/04 11:30 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> I could have sworn this worked in an earlier version, but darned if I
> can do this gracefully now:
>
> I have an app that makes new documents by cloning a substack.  What I'd
> like to do is set the visible of the substack to false, clone it
> invisibly, modify its rect, title, and some other properties, then show
> it when it's ready.
>
> But try as I might I keep getting the clone visible as soon as it's created.
>
> What's the trick?

I've had that happen too (I even logged a bug in Bugzilla about it asking
for "clone [inv[isible]] <stackDesc>")... I think you need to save the stack
in an invisible state before you clone it; you may have to save the substack
in an invisible state and *close* it before you clone it...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com