use-revolution Digest, Vol 14, Issue 66

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Nov 26 10:44:57 EST 2004

Ah, so that works for you, good.  I was getting concerned because of
the other post.

The "set volume" command is part of the "Standard Additions" scripting
additions library installed with every OS X system (and older versions
as well, I think).  You can open the dictionary within the Script
Editor.  There is lots of info in there, many commands to play with.
For example, instead of "input" volume, you can also specify "output"
or "alert" volume, each of these also runs from 0 to 100.  There is
also an "output muted" option to mute the speakers:

set volume with output muted
set volume without output muted

"set volume" is listed under "Miscellaneous Commands" -> "Commands" in
the dictionary.