audio on windows not playing

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Fri Nov 26 05:01:25 EST 2004

At 13:15 25.11.2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Claudi,
>
>as far as i have been able to tell you are out of luck with playing
>external wav files w/o Quicktime on the PC. I tried 9 ways to tuesday to
>do this a few months back. Documentation in Metacard and Rev both allude
>to being able to do this w/o quicktime, but it just doesnt.
>snip...

It is indeed possible to play external wav files w/o Quicktime on the PC by
making use of mciSendString, which requires Windows Multimedia Tools
(usually installed on all PCs). Just write me offlist and then I can send
you a small stack with the scripts.

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Øisteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen             http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html
Norway