Reading a (BIG) text file one line at a time - in reality...

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Nov 24 05:47:58 EST 2004

>Maybe such a handler could look like this:
>
>ReadBuffered pFileName, pChunkType, pCallbackMessage, pBufferSize
>
>Your routine calls ReadBuffered and the ReadBuffered command sends the
>callback message to you with the next chunk as its param.
>
>Here's a challenge:  can we implement callbacks in a way that don't use
>"send"? It's not prohibitively slow, but if we're doing this for speed
>it'd be nice if we could add the convenience of a separate handler
>without sacrificing any milliseconds we don't need to.

I would definitely try to avoid sending the data.

A referenced variable (oops, @ not in the docs keywords index)
would be great or a temp global space would save a lot of passing data
around.

just consiwondering

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER