Standalone Question

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 23 12:13:09 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:48, Steve Bonham wrote:

> I've created a standalone.
>
> I'd like others to be able to  import a text document to a field and
> then quit -- and the content to STILL BE THERE when it is reopened.
>
> But it is not happening.
>
> The standalone always opens as it appear when I exported it from
> Revolution.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Stacks that are part of a standalone app are read-only.  You have
several  choices (heck, probably more).

1. have you stacks save their state off to a separate file, which is
read in when the stack opens and used to initialize the field.

2. Have your main stack copy an embedded sub-stack off to a separate
stack file and interact with that, which can be editted.

3. Have your main stack, which is built with the runtime, open a
separate stack file that is included along with your main application.
That separate stack file would be the actual main program logic.

--gordon