Standalone built sucessfully but uncomplete: known 2.5 bug?

Joël Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Tue Nov 23 11:05:57 EST 2004

Since 2.5 I am unable to build standalone properly under MacOSX.

I get the answer dialog telling me: "Standalone application saved
successfully." But when I launch it I encounter errors and discover
after a waste of time that some libraries are missing in the standalone
.app package (e.g. the xml library) even if the libraries are selected
for inclusion in the Standalone Application Settings. Worse, this is
most of the time reproducible but not constantly and when a library is
effectively included I can check it has been inserted in the
backscripts but still its handlers are not accessible raising an error.

Is such a bug experienced by other developers?

Could it be related to the first release of 2.5 (August)? Because after
reinstalling Revolution 2.5, the "Check for Update..." went first in
some error: "There was an error executing a script in stack Revolution
Version Checker. No more information is available because the stack is
password protected.". And then in the second "Check for Update..." I
got the message that "You have the latest version of Revolution along
with the lastest updates."... I am getting trouble and have doubt that
all has been properly updated.

Thanks for clues!

J. Guillod