Newbie question about image/button relationships

Jim MacConnell jmac at consensustech.com
Mon Nov 22 14:31:53 EST 2004

Gordon,

I'd suggest using transparent buttons... Different from invisible regular
buttons.

Make a button over the key in your picture.
In the Property Inspector:
Uncheck "Show Name:
Uncheck "Opaque"
You can Uncheck "Auto Hilite" or not depending on whether you want to "roll
your own" key press indicator or let Rev do it.

Then under the  "Icons & Borders" pull down
Uncheck "Hilite Border"
And whatever else you like.

Maybe not as elegant as clickLoc() or setting ink but...easier in my mind.
 I'd probably build buttons for all keys and group them with the image. Then
you can script them to do whatever. Different major functional areas can be
on different cards, etc.

But I drift from the point.

Jim

PS: I'm a newbie too compared to these other guys.