A couple of Windows related questions

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Nov 22 04:49:45 EST 2004

Both of these appear to have been raised a number of times over the
last couple of years but searching the archives leaves me unsure as to
whether there is a viable solution to either.

1. is it possible to construct variants of the revDeleteFolder or
delete file commands so that the file/s / folder/s in question are
moved to the recycle bin rather than being deleted without a trace?
This is relatively straightforward on the Mac but I know nothing about
shell scripts so I'm in the dark when it comes to Windows. Is there a
reliable method of determining the path to the recycle bin? If so I
guess it is possible to use the revMoveFolder command??

2. is there any way to open a document (using the launch command or any
other method) if the target application is already open? Again, I'm
sure there are workarounds for this on the Mac using Applescript (?)
but under Windows??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA