RegEx Help--Across Lines

Mark Greenberg markgreenberg at cox.net
Sun Nov 21 14:23:22 EST 2004

There is a wonderful book called Mastering Regular Expressions by
Jeffery E. F. Friedl that covers Regex in detail with an emphasis on
the Perl standard.  I found it very helpful with the Regex
implementation that we use in Transcript.

Still, there are some quirks to get used to.  For example, Regex terms
in Rev are strings, which differs from other implementations.  Also,
figuring what parts of the Regex will assign substrings to variables
was, at least for me, an exercise in trial and error.

Between the book and experimenting the Message Box I've been able to do
just about everything I attempted with Regex in Rev.

	Mark Greenberg