Paragraph-level formatting

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 17:15:25 EST 2004

sez asg618 at mac.com:
>I've been playing around with the latest beta of SuperCard 4.5. One of the
>most helpful new additions is ... [that] I can
>create text styles and apply them on a per-paragraph (rather than a
>per-field) basis.
>
>I wonder -- is there a way to achieve this in Revolution? My experience is
>that field properties like firstIndent apply to the entire field. Is there a
>way to achieve this paragraph-level formatting with Rev?
   Yes, there is -- but it's ugly. How ugly it is, well, YMMV, eh?
   You can't do paragraph-level formatting *for real* in Rev; however, what
you *can* do is *fake* it with a series of however-many individual text fields,
each of them having its own "paragraph formatting" values. Make sure all of
these fields are transparent, group them all, and so on and so forth.
   Like I said, it's ugly. But until the happy day when the engine *really*
supports paragraph-level formatting, I just don't see a better way to do it.
Anybody else have a better suggestion? Please?