Nested Arrays

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Nov 19 12:12:30 EST 2004

On Nov 19, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Is it possible to create nested arrays of the form A[X[i]] or deeper?
> I tried but it doesn't seem to be working.

Unfortunately, they don't work like that in Rev. There are a handful of
author-specific schemes which simulate it, as well as a number of
recommended alternate approaches to structuring your variables which
are more within the working techniques of Rev.

Frankly, I haven't found any approach that makes them work as I would
like them to, since nested arrays are very conducive to iteration
techniques, while every alternative I've seen is far less elegant.

There are feature requests in place, but I have no idea how high on the
priorities something like that falls, since few Rev users would likely
take advantage of them.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.