Technical strike

ambassador at fourthworld.com ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 19 11:02:32 EST 2004

I'm stuck in an Internet cafe in what is widely regarded as one of the
least Internet-access-friendly cities in the world, Rome.  It took some
time to find this place, and as with most such locations here there is no
wi-fi (most here have never even heard of it), so I'm patiently typing on
an Italian keyboard, trying to catch up on my stuff.

My point:

I had about 30 messages in my In Box related to this thread.  I get tons
of email like this everytime you're unhappy, Xavier, which is often.

So here's my offer to simplify both your life and mine:  Please find
another development tool whose list I am not on, and contact me offlist
to arrange for me to help get you a license.  You will at last no longer
be encumbered by what you express as incompetence in both the vendor and
its fans, and my email will be reduced to the subset that is of interest to me.

Deal?

I'll be back at my desk in a couple days, and look forward to only one
more email on this topic, a personal note to me about the new tool you've
selected.

- rg