video tutorial doesn't play

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Nov 19 04:26:22 EST 2004

Barney,

I don't know about Linux, but I, too, have had the similar problems,
only on XP. Perhaps the following may be of help.

A main issue is the user interface. It compounds the problem if you're
on a slow connection, or have slow access to the Revolution server where
the videos are stored.

Here's what happens when you try and view a tutorial.

1) It takes you to a page prompting you to download the pdf file.

2) (in the background and not too obvious) it BEGINS the download of the
(sometimes lenghthy video). It only launches after it is downloaded.

So, give it some time, or try another time when the RR servers may not
be so busy. I think it would be appropriate for the interface to say
something like: "Donwloading Video, please wait..."

best,

Chipp