set selectedText?

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at focalimage.com
Thu Nov 18 18:42:43 EST 2004

Thanks to all for comments.

At 5:46 pm -0500 18/11/04, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
>uh, maybe something a little simpler here...
>
>try "the" selectedLine (w/o the quotes, of course)...
>
>selectedLine is a property, and must be preceded by the word "the" when
>used.

But the following lines both work in the message box:

put the  selectedLine of btn 1
put  selectedLine of btn 1

At 5:02 pm -0600 18/11/04, Ken Ray wrote:
>something like "line 1 of field 2". You would think you can just do:
>
>  delete the selectedLine
>
>-- but you can't. I'm not exactly sure why (perhaps it is resolving the
>value of that line of data), but it *does* work if you "do" it, as in:
>
>  do "delete" && the selectedLine

Indeed "do" works.

Still not clear on this, and Ken saying he is not sure makes me feel
better. ;-)

I need to do some reading on the use of brackets, use of "the", and some
fundamental things like that.
--

Kaveh Bazargan
http://www.focalimage.com/