repeating keyDown ?

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:59:38 EST 2004

Hi --

Some of my students are programming games in which the user makes a figure
move using the keyboard, via the keyDown message.  For example, pressing
the "k" key makes the figure move 10 pixels to the right. The problem is
that the user has to release and press the key again to make the figure
move another 10 pixels -- he can't just hold down the key and have it
repeat the way a lot of games allow you to.

Any ideas (a) why Rev isn't recognizing repeating keys, or (b) an easy way
to implement this?  I don't see a keyStillDown message the way there's a
mouseStillDown message.

Thanks for any hints you can give me.

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley (marty at ucls.uchicago.edu)
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools